Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2008

Gearing up

Hat Attack starts today and the pattern gets released some time between 2 and 8pm EST. So I worked that out and it seems that I won't be knitting hatty death until, at the earliest, 7 or 8pm (never could work out differing forms fo daylight saving).

Anyway I swatched using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran but it came out well over tension, when I dropped a couple of needle sizes I got the gauge but the fabric felt like card - I had lost off the squidginess of the yarn. So I thought next about using a thicker double knit and got some Patons Fairytale Colour Me DK and it seems to have worked out fine. Started with 4mm needels and a circuler swatch but it came up a bit large so ahave dropped a needle size and think that I've got it pretty much perfect.

I have my target's info but I think that I'll stay anonymous for a while to see how the competition goes. But she will have a hat of green and blue - perfect spring colours in those cold Canadian winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to have a little look at my blog - don't be shy, tell me what you think