Pages

Monday 4 January 2010

Scrappy sock blanket

I started a sock blanket, well THE sock blanket, last year but never really got that far with it. By the end of the year I had 24 small squares that formed the smallest corner of the king size blanket that I wanted.

This year I am going to try and knit a square for each day. Since it is already the 4th (how did that happen?) I should have added 4 blocks by now but due to this and that - I seem to have a lot of this and that moments - I have only added 1. By the end of today though, that will have been rectified and I shall have 4 new and sparkling blocks.

I'm using my stash of sock yarn and any colour repeats have to be at least 2 blocks away from each other. Since I am also planning on knitting a pair of socks every month I should have plenty to be going on with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to have a little look at my blog - don't be shy, tell me what you think