Pages

Sunday 10 January 2010

Scrappy blanket

See I said that I was a bad blogger. I meant to do this a few days ago but completely forgot and then yesterday my heating packed in and I was distracted by waiting for the bod to come out and fix it. He did eventually come out (he's a mate of my landlord) but did nothing other then break some ice from the pipe so I spent a coldish evening in the living room snug under a blanket and duvet with a hot water bottle tucked in for good measure.He might be back today and it might not be fixed until when ever. However I'm a hardy type so hopefully will not freeze while we have this cold spell.

Right then on with the task in hand and that is the report of how my scrappy sock blanket is coming along. I said that I would try and add a square a day for the year and then see what size it has grown to. I know that I could work out the size but it's more fun to see how it grows and then be surprised at the end of the year that it (a) didn't get as big as I thought, or (b) is a good size but needs more work, or (c) now covers Sheffield and the surrounding areas. I think that it's going to be (b) but I suppose it depends on how many socks I knit so that I can get the scraps.

Since I am still unemployed I have said that I will try as hard as I can to knit from my stash and since my stash has at least 16 lots of sock yarn I think that I'll probably be able to see the year out, but all donations will be gratefully received!

Well this week was a bit of a whizz for the blanket as I started on the 4th and it's now the 10th and I have added 12 different coloured blocks so I have 2 days in hand so to speak. I have a collection of about 24 different yarns at my disposal, most is from socks I have knitted but some has been given to me by someone from Ravelry. So until I crack out a few more socks the colours are going to get pretty repetitive but I also like the way that it will change over time with the newer yarns taking the place of the older ones.

Here a snap of the colours used this week

At the end of the month I'll take a picture of the blanket on the bed so we can see the progress over the course of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to have a little look at my blog - don't be shy, tell me what you think