So a quick update on what my current project is. It's the Go with the Flow socks by Caroline Dlugy-Hegwer.
I had some multi coloured variegated sport weight sock yarn that I have tried for a variety of different patterns and it just never quite worked but it seems to be working fine with this.
The yarn is Gjestal Silja Sock Yarn and these are being started on 3mm needles but I'm about to change down a size to make them more snug around the ankle and foot. I know that this will throw the pattern of the yarn off but I think that it will still be okay. If not I can always frog them and find another project for them.
I'm also giving them a go as 2 at a time. I've tried before but have chickened out when it comes to the heels but this time I shall persevere and see if I can sort it out once and for all. Might have to get a slightly longer needle though and I have an 80cm but think that it's a bit tight.