Pages

Tuesday 28 October 2008

Distracted

On November 1st NaNoWriMo starts (that's National Novel Writing Month) and I am taking part. The aim is to write a 50,000 word novel by the end of the month: so roughly 1600 words a day.

Now I have talking down as an Olympic sport but writing? Well that's a whole new thing. I have to write reports for work and I splurge every now and again on here but that's about for my writing output. I saw the link to the site a few months back and thought that it might be fun so signed up. Then I persuaded my fella to do the same with the idea that we would gee each other on to the finish. Boyfriend duly started forming the ideas for his story, creating characters, the things that writing is meant tobe about. Me on the other hand kept putting it off. Boyfrind bought me a lovely book to write notes in and it has never been used. But at least I now have the basis for a story.

When I did thikn about this, the story was going to be quite Generation X ish. A bit bleak, a bit sour, a bit grrhh. But on Saturday I suddenly realised that I was going to be writing about the Scottish Islands in the 1880s and the main character is a woman called Sarah. I have more details and I am beginning to research things like religion and crofting and at the moment I'm not sure if I have enough to sustain the story over 50,000 words but I have a start which means that it will have to end somewhere.

So I think that for the next month I shall be blogging more about my on-going novel (and fella's too) than about knitting because I can't quite see how I'm going to fit everything in.

If you want to keep up to date with my progress then check out my profile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to have a little look at my blog - don't be shy, tell me what you think