Pages

Thursday 31 January 2013

Quick to Knit Cardigan KAL

Over a the All Things Vintage group on Ravelry we are having a 3 month KAL that started on 1st Jan. There was a choice of tops - a striped jumper or a Quick to Knit Cardigan from the 1950s and I choose the cardi.

Although the original was knitted in a double knit wool, I've decided to go with an aran weight as the pattern stops at 38" and I certainly have bigger bumps than that. The tension was 6 stitches to the inch and I got 5 to the inch so think that I should be okay.

The back, both sides and one arm has been done and because I was a little concerned about it being too small but it fits
So I shall now crack on with the rest of the knitting and then I just have to sew the whole thing together (which I am not looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to have a little look at my blog - don't be shy, tell me what you think