Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2009

Not good

On Thursday my computer died - well not completely dead, it just wouldn't start up. I think I might have got a killer bug but won't know for certain until the guys from the university computer help place get in touch.

So the truly stupid thing that I realised as the system was crashing, was that I probably have NONE of it backed up. Nothing really, so all of my photos, my random musings, my ebay turbo lister, everything might well have gone. What a dope I am. To make things even worse, I hassled my sister to get an external as she is a great photographer and has thousands of images on her flakey machine. And she got one, but I didn't. In the word of that great philosopher "DOH!!!"

So I beg you, I implore you, I plead with you, I pray you, I entreat you, I beseech you that YOU make sure that all your important documents, and that includes your photos and random crap are all backed up onto spare discs and even an external hard drive if you can afford it. Hell, even a few memory sticks would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to have a little look at my blog - don't be shy, tell me what you think